Set in Australia in 1831, Charles Adare arrives from Ireland to visit his cousin, who has just been appointed Governor of New South Wales. He also meets Sam Flusky, and Flusky's wife, Henrietta, whom he knew as a child back in Ireland.
- Ingrid Bergman as Henrietta Flusky
- Michael Wilding as Charles Adare
- Joseph Cotten as Sam Flusky
- Margaret Leighton as Milly
- Cecil Parker as the Governor
- Denis O'Dea as Mr. Corrigan
Background Information and NotesEdit
The only Hitchcock film set in Australia
The last period film Hitchcock directed.