Iris is on her way home to England to be married after a European holiday when she befriends an elderly lady named Miss Froy. Iris suffers a blow to the head at the train station, and the kindly Miss Froy looks after her. The two women have tea together before returning to their compartment. Iris falls asleep, but when she awakens, she is horrified to discover that no one else on the train remembers Miss Froy.
- Margaret Lockwood as Iris Henderson
- Michael Redgrave as Gilbert
- May Whittey as Miss Froy
- Paul Lukas as Dr. Hartz
- Cecil Parker as Mr. Todhunter
- Googie Withers as Blanche
Background Information Edit
- The Lady Vanishes was originally called The Lost Lady.
- The plot has clear references to the political situation leading up to World War II.
- The cricket obsessed English couple sleeping in the same bed can be seen as a homosexual subtext.