Rope is a film directed by Alfred Hitchcock in 1948.
Two friends strangle an acquaintance of theirs for the thrill, then hold a dinner party, while the young boy's body lies hidden underneath the food.
- James Stewart as Rupert Cadell
- Farley Granger as Phillip Morgan
- John Dall as Brandon Shaw
- Joan Chandler as Janet Walker
- The story of "Rope" was inspired by the real-life case of Leopold & Loeb, two students at the University of Chicago who killed a young boy as a means of creating "the perfect crime."
- Rope included a homosexual subtext between the characters Brandon and Phillip.
- Brandon and Phillip commit the crime as an intellectual exercise on a lecture given by Rupert Cadell.; they want to prove their superiority by committing the "perfect murder".